New dates for this product are currently being scheduled. Click register your interest to find out more.
After completing this course, you will be better equipped to deal with the conflicting priorities of doing the technical work and leading all or part of the business. You will leave with a deeper understanding of what it takes to run a business well, and will learn how to be a strategic-thinking, inspirational leader.
- Be equipped to deal with the additional tasks you are expected to undertake as a new or aspiring director
- Supercharge your career in the built environment
- Position yourself as a business leader
- Gain vital strategies and tools which you can then apply at work
- Stand out from the crowd
- Build your professional network and gain valuable contacts
For your business
- Develop employees skilled across the functions of the business
- Acquire strategic thinkers who think long-term and big picture, saving you time and money
- Gain strong leaders who can retain staff through improved leadership, management and people skills
- Develop leaders who recognise the impact of decisions on the wider business
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for professionals who have recently progressed, or aspire to progress, into a senior management position in the property industry. As a newly appointed manager or director, you will be expected to take on additional tasks and duties that you have not encountered previously. This course will give you the skills and knowledge to undertake such tasks and help you to identify what you should be doing to be an effective and successful leader.
A specialist course for managers wanting to progress from a technical expert into departmental manager, director or business owner. This 2-day course will encourage you to develop skills that will simultaneously enhance your organisation and boost your career. You will explore the essential elements of a successful business including strategy, finance, leadership, marketing, technology and HR, and consider how these can be embedded within your organisation.
Once you have mastered the technical skills of your profession, you can only progress by developing your business management skills. It is these skills which will enable you to provide a better service and contribute further to your organisation. If you can successfully manage and lead your organisation, or one of its business units, you are highly likely to extend your influence.
Career and organisational succession planning are too important to be left to chance. It is vital that you take practical steps to add business management skills to your technical expertise in order to become a valued and versatile professional.
Topics covered include:
- Strategy and business planning
- Administration and finance
- People management
- Business technology
- Marketing, sales, and PR
- Business processes and quality management
Prior to this 2-day course you will be asked to complete a pre-course activity. The course will be led by a technical expert using stimulating and relevant real life scenarios and interactive sessions. This will allow you to practice skills and consolidate your learning in a safe training environment.
The start date is subject to change depending on number of attendees for this course and at the discretion of RICS.
Ibis Styles London Southwark Rose
47 Southwark Bridge Road
Nothing to display