Commercial Management – Infrastructure Programme
150 Hours Formal CPDUse 215 Coins
Gain a competitive edge in infrastructure and meet the growing skills demand by developing your commercial management proficiency and knowledge.
With a high public profile, as well as strong political interest, Infrastructure programmes face a lot of scrutiny. The role of commercial manager is essential in securing a successful, on-time and on-budget delivery. This has resulted in an increased demand for commercial managers who are able to secure investment returns on infrastructure programmes. As such, it is vital to have the specific skills required to deliver value for money outcomes.
Our course covers the essential skills for commercial managers in infrastructure. Upon completion, you will have the practical knowledge required to successfully manage the commercial activity on an Infrastructure Programme whether it be road, rail, energy or telecommunications.
Through initially setting the scene of the infrastructure industry, this course demonstrates best practice for a Commercial Manager.
From managing your main stakeholders and understanding their drivers and motivations, to administrating the process of cost planning and benchmarking, risk, supply chains and procurement processes, this course delivers the fundamental skills required for best practice commercial delivery on an infrastructure programme, by working through a diverse range of case studies and reading materials.
The course is composed of six technical modules, as well as an introductory and online examination module:
Module 0: Course introduction
Module 1: Infrastructure – setting the scene
Module 2: Infrastructure – the main stakeholders
Module 3: Client engagement & collaborative working
Module 4: Tendering, procurement and balancing your supply chain
Module 5: Cost planning & benchmarking
Module 6: Risk management
Module 7: Online examination
For more information on each of these modules, please see the "detailed course guide" link in the Further Information area.
Who is this course for?
- Existing construction professionals (Quantity Surveyors or Project Managers) that are looking to learn more and move into the infrastructure sector as commercial managers or related roles and develop the essential skills required
- Existing Cost or Commercial Managers working in infrastructure who wish to implement latest best practice, upskill and strengthen their learning
- Engineers that are looking to broaden their commercial management knowledge and skill set to accompany and complement their existing engineering knowledge
- The course is applicable to client, consultants and contractor organisations
- Professionals with relevant experience looking for a transition in their career.