Certificate in Corporate Real Estate and Facilities Management
200.0 Hours Formal CPDUse 183 Coins
Facilities management is the total management of all services that support the core business of an organisation. Good facilities management makes a huge difference to the efficiency and productivity of a company, its staff and even its clients.
Facilities Managers can influence how a company’s operating costs can be reduced while its productivity is increased. It is essential to ensure that all the different buildings and services of a company work as efficiently as possible. Facilities management is the total management of all services that support the core business of an organisation, and good facilities management makes a huge difference to the efficiency and productivity of a company, its staff and even its clients.
Our course will equip you to recognise the factors that influence property choice, nature of tenure and acquisition and disposal of corporate real estate. This includes the cost implications of the property life cycle and the consideration of liabilities and legal issues. You will also be able to apply the techniques you learn to improve workplace productivity, sustainability, communication and the overall competitive strategy of an organisation.
- Enhanced knowledge of the role that CRE&FM plays in supporting organisational productivity and hence profitability.
- Apply the methodologies available for ensuring organisational efficiency and effectiveness in terms of cost, process and performance
- Appreciate of how Corporate Real Estate & Facilities Management needs to change to meet the challenges posed by IT convergence, sustainability, new methods of working and increased regulation.
- Understand the broad spectrum of services encompassed by CRE&FM and how getting it wrong in one area can have unexpected implications elsewhere.
This course is made of up of 6 units delivered across a 6 month period. The technical units covered within this course are listed below:
- Unit 1 – Strategic Corporate Real Estate and Facilities Management
- Unit 2 – Corporate Real Estate Life Cycle
- Unit 3 – The FM Life Cycle
- Unit 4 – The Workplace
- Unit 5 – Facilities Support Services
- Unit 6 - Management Information Systems
For more information on the topics covered within each unit, please see the detailed course guide link contained in the Additional Information area
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for professionals who have worked in the corporate and commercial real estate and facilities management sector for at least 2 years.It is suitable for property managers, asset managers, facilities managers, project managers, accommodation managers and all those who want to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the corporate real estate facilities management services that they are responsible for providing and managing.
Please be aware that this is a professional training course, aimed to give you the practical knowledge need to succeed in your career. It is not an accreditation and does not lead directly to membership of RICS, or to becoming a registered surveyor. If you are interested in becoming RICS qualified, please check out this page.