APC Accelerated Learning: Quantity Surveying
90.0 Hours Formal CPDUse 275 Coins
With an increased focus on effective cost management, as well as the environment and sustainability in construction projects, there is high demand to provide a cost management service to the construction industry.
This acceleration course has been designed to evolve technical skills and knowledge needed for professionals who work in quantity surveying and covers professional ethics and core competencies defined in the RICS pathway guide.
In addition, the course will support professionals throughout the membership assessment process and activities. Delegates will receive feedback and support from a RICS Assessor, simplifying the process and preparation for their final assessment to become chartered.
With access to our industry-leading online library isurv included (Construction channel only), delegates will be able to access a wealth of information to support their learning.
This course includes technical modules, competency masterclasses and APC process content broken down into the following 10 modules:
Introduction module: Understanding the APC
Module 1: Construction Technology and Environmental Services
Module 2: Procurement and Tendering
Module 3: Design Economics, Cost Planning and Commercial Management of Construction
Module 4: Quantification and Costing of Construction Works
Module 5: Contract Practice
Module 6: Project Financial Control and Reporting
Module 7: Mandatory Competencies
Module 8: Getting Qualified
Revision and end of course assessment
End of course assessments
Delegates are assessed through an online multiple-choice question assessment which takes place at the end of the programme.
N.B. Completion of these assessments and course will not guarantee receiving RICS membership qualification, this will depend on the result of the final APC assessment.
What delegates get from this course
- Technical quantity surveying training
- APC process and competency masterclasses
- Access to our industry-leading online library isurv (Construction channel only)
- 200 study hours available
- Upon passing the online multiple-choice question assessment delegates will be awarded with a RICS Certification of Completion
This course is ideal for
- All Quantity Surveying APC candidates who want to accelerate their learning
- Professionals from other backgrounds who wish to become chartered as quantity surveying members