Certificate in Commercial Valuation Methodology
150.0 Hours Formal CPDBook Now
Build on your existing knowledge of valuation by studying the leading industry valuation techniques for Commercial Property. Gain practical experience of valuing commercial properties in this case-study based course.
Professionals who have the skills to value commercial properties will always be in demand.
The Certificate in Commercial Valuation Methodology will advance your skills in the core valuation methods used for commercial real estate, such as the investment method and the residual method. Through interactive online learning, realistic case studies and interaction in our forums our expert tutor will help you to use the correct process and calculations for each method.
You’ll also learn when to use each method, and how to fit these together with skills in inspection, measurement and report writing to successfully complete commercial valuations. Throughout the course, you’ll study the latest RICS guidance and learn how to apply this to your work.
Overall, this course will help to build your confidence to complete larger or more complex commercial valuations.
This course will benefit you if you already have some foundational knowledge of valuation but are looking to increase your knowledge and confidence and take your skills to the next level.
Studying your APC? This course is taught by an APC Chairman with extensive experience of commercial valuations and has been developed to support you with the valuation competency.
- Get your record keeping in line with best practice to provide audit trail and negligence defence.
- Evidence your comparable valuations with qualitative and quantitative analysis using a matrix technique.
- Feel confident deciding on the most appropriate investment method technique and apply a range of techniques without using software.
- Understand the drawbacks associated with specialist valuation methods and apply that holistic insight in valuation.
- Make sure your valuation terms of engagement and valuation reports are up to date in the application of international standards in measurement and valuation including the Global Red Book 2017 and the UK supplement to the Red Book.
This course is delivered by
- Self-study eLearning materials
- Realistic case studies assessed by your tutors and peers
- Extensive reading material, including material from our iSurv library
- Live online web classes to consolidate your learning
Upon completion of all the course, you will take a program examination to test knowledge. A certificate of completion will be awarded after passing the end of course assessment.
Please be aware that this is a professional training course, aimed to give you the practical knowledge need to succeed in your career. It is not an accreditation and does not lead directly to membership of RICS, or to becoming a registered valuer. If you are interested in becoming RICS qualified, please check out this page https://www.rics.org/uk/join/