Certificate in Commercial Valuation Methodology
150.0 Hours Formal CPDUse 215 Coins
Build on your existing knowledge of valuation by studying the leading industry valuation techniques for Commercial Property. Gain practical experience of valuing commercial properties in this case-study based course.
Building on your existing foundation of valuation knowledge, this course has been designed to give you the practical skills required for commercial valuation, focusing on the main competencies of valuation practice - inspection, measurement and valuation methodologies. You will be guided on and apply best practice on gathering the required information, completing a valuation using the appropriate method, and writing Red Book compliant reports to RICS as well as international standards.
With these newly developed skills, you will have a breadth of knowledge to apply the principles of commercial valuation on a day to day basis, and demonstrate to your employer and clients your ability to complete commercial property valuations to an international standard.
- Get your record keeping in line with best practice to provide audit trail and negligence defence.
- Evidence your comparable valuations with qualitative and quantitative analysis using a matrix technique.
- Feel confident deciding on the most appropriate investment method technique and apply a range of techniques without using software.
- Understand the drawbacks associated with specialist valuation methods and apply that holistic insight in valuation.
- Make sure your valuation terms of engagement and valuation reports are up to date in the application of international standards in measurement and valuation including the draft Red Book 2017.
The course is composed of 6 technical modules which will cover the application of the valuation competencies of inspection, measurement and valuation methodologies as required to value commercial property as well as best practice for drafting commercial property valuation reports:
Module 0: Course Introduction
Module 1: The Inspection – Context & Information
Module 2: The Valuation Part 1 – Comparable Method and the Market
Module 3: The Valuation Part 2 – Investment Method with four techniques
Module 3: The Valuation Part 3 – Residual method with two techniques
Module 3: The Valuation Part 4 – DRC and profits method
Module 6: The Report: Writing an RICS compliant report
Module 7: Course Review and Summary
For more information on the topics covered within each module, please see the detailed course guide link contained in the Additional Information area
Who is this course for?
- APC and Assoc. candidates who are on the valuation or commercial property pathway or other candidates
- Any other professionals with at least 2 years of experience in valuation or who have completed the RICS Valuation Foundation Programme and wish to specialise or work with commercial property valuations.
- Professionals who need to create or work with commercial valuations on a day to day basis including valuers and professionals working in finance functions or departments who use commercial valuation reports as part of their decision making process.