Valuation: Residential Property
100 Hours Formal CPDShow Dates
Accurate and reliable residential valuations are in demand. Build on your existing knowledge of valuation by studying the leading industry valuation techniques for residential property, and gain experience in calculating valuations.
Valuation underpins all residential property-based transactions, and with over one million homes bought and sold in the UK in 2015, accurate and reliable valuations are in demand and essential.
Building on your existing foundation of valuation knowledge, this course has been designed to give you the practical skills required for residential valuation, focusing on the main competencies of valuation practice. This includes guidance and best practice on how gather the required information, complete a valuation using the appropriate method, and to write Red book compliant reports to RICS as well as international standards.
With these newly developed skills, you will have a breadth of knowledge to apply the principles of residential valuation on a day to day basis, and demonstrate to your employer and clients your ability to complete UK residential property valuations to an international standard.
- Never be daunted by the less common residential valuation challenges in the UK (such as new build and HMO's) again.
- Your terms of engagement and valuation reports for every valuation instruction will comply with Valuation Standards.
- Understand how to evidence comparable valuation analysis and create an audit trail with appropriate due diligence.
- You will be able to consider a wider range of valuation instructions from buy to let to building plots.
- You will approach the use of modern methods of Proptech and the latest thinking in market analyses with a pragmatic business focus.
The course is composed of 4 technical modules which will cover the application of the valuation competencies of inspection, measurement and valuation methodologies as required to value residential property as well as best practice for drafting residential property valuation reports:
Module 0: Course Introduction
Module 1: The Inspection – Context & Information
Module 2: The Valuation Part 1 – Using Comparable Method
Module 3: The Valuation Part 2 – Using Less Common Methods
Module 4: The Report: Writing an RICS compliant report
For more information on the topics covered within each module, please see the detailed course guide link contained in the Additional Information area
Who is this course for?
- APC and Assoc. candidates who are on the valuation or Residential Valuation pathway or other candidates
- Any other professionals with at least 2 years of experience in valuation or who have completed the RICS Valuation Foundation Programme
- Professionals who need to create or work with Residential Valuations on a day to day basis including valuers and professionals working in finance functions or departments who use residential valuation reports.
This course is only suitable for those working in, or with experience of, the UK property market.