Effective cross-functional management - Part 2
1.0 Hours Formal CPDUse 9 Coins
The cross-functional manager is core to bringing stakeholders together from different areas of a business, ensuring smooth communication and leading them to the project objective as a team. This eLearning course will help you tackle each of these aspects.
Cross-functional teams are drawn from different areas of an organisation, often with varying backgrounds and a wide variety of skills. It is the project manager’s role to bring cross-functional team members together, form and influence them into an effective group communicating and working fluidly to achieve common goals.
This course consists of three modules, each one including a central case study to aid you in applying the knowledge gained to your own workplace.
In the first you will learn how to coordinate cross-functional activities effectively. The second module will enable you to adapt your communication to the specific characteristics of the cross-functional manager and to other people from varied professional backgrounds. And finally the third module will demonstrate how you can exercise your influence on stakeholders without a formal managerial link to deploy your leadership and secure cooperation.
- All cross-functional, functional or operational managers.
This e-learning course contains the following:
- Understanding coordination mechanisms
- Knowing how to use the different coordination mechanisms
- Managing the impact of coordination mechanisms on stakeholders
- Introducing a relations system that encourages cooperation
- Understanding the different frames of reference of other people
- Adapting your communication to suit these frames of reference
- Managing resistance caused by different frames of reference
- Using levers of influence as a cross-functional manager
- Exercising your leadership through persuasive techniques
- Dealing with resistance from stakeholders
Practical fact sheets to help you retain the knowledge you have learned in these modules.
Enrollment duration: 90 Days
Languages: Chinese Czech English French Hungarian Spanish
Category: Management for People Managers
Price: 45.00 GBP
Member price: 45.00 GBP
Course Type: E-Learning