- Develop the financial knowledge and skills you need to proactively advance your career
- Make better bottom-line decisions
- Differentiate yourself in the eyes of your organisation and your clients by embedding financial understanding into your decisions
- Learn vital strategies and tools that can be applied immediately
- Build your professional network and gain valuable contacts
For your business
- Gain leaders who can use financial information and data to exploit opportunities, overcome challenges, and meet business objectives
- Improve collaboration between non-finance professionals and the finance function
- Develop executives who understand business dynamics
- Acquire strategic thinkers who think long term and big picture, saving you time and money
Who is this course for?
This course recognises that an advanced knowledge of finance is vital to career progression. It is designed for new Directors, Associates, Team Leaders, Departmental Managers and other aspiring professionals in the surveying, property and construction sectors who want to build the financial understanding and knowledge they need to underpin their career success.
Over the two days you will learn how to use financial information and data to identify opportunities, overcome challenges, and achieve business objectives. The course will help you develop confidence when working with the finance function, and will encourage you to embed financial understanding into your day-today decisions.
Day one will take a strategic look at the four key financial statements in addition to covering gearing and liquidity, operating efficiency, and profitability; day two will examine client finance including funding, revenue costs, capital project costs and procurement. Delivered by three senior built environment leaders, the course will involve challenging, real-world scenarios and exercises which will ask you to take on the perspective of a senior strategic leader.
Individuals who are able to contribute to finance thinking and decision making are highly regarded and sought after. Board-level directors actively seek out intelligent support from managers, directors, and external consultants and contractors who wish to learn and contribute to this aspect of the business. The ability to critically appraise and analyse financial issues will elevate your career to the boardroom of both your employer and your client.
The Strategic Finance Masterclass will deliver a thorough explanation of the key principles of financial management and ask you to apply these to real life scenarios. We will explore funding, investment, capital and revenue costing and procurement from both public and private sector financial perspectives.
The managerial responsibilities in your employer’s organisation invariably increase the further up the organisation you progress. Similarly, the financial aspects of client work become increasingly more strategic and vital to the client relationship. This course is designed to provide all of the knowledge and skills necessary to manage the finances of a team, department, cost centre or a whole organisation, and also those relevant to managing client, or internal client, finance.
Prior to the course you will be asked to complete some pre-course reading. The course will be highly interactive and will combine presentation, discussion, and group exercises. This will allow you to practice skills and consolidate your learning in a safe training environment. The course will conclude with a reflective session which will enable delegates to identify key pieces of learning which they will take forward into their roles.
Topics covered include:
- A strategic review of profit and loss accounts, balance sheets, cash flow and budgets
- Gearing and liquidity
- Operating efficiency
- Client finance
- Funding and investment
- Capital project costs
- Client revenue costs
- Property portfolio and estates
This is an applied learning course which links theory and practice through real life case studies and scenarios which are applicable to a working environment.
The start date is subject to change depending on number of attendees for this course and at the discretion of RICS.
Ibis Styles London Southwark Rose
47 Southwark Bridge Road
Nothing to display