Leadership Development for Facilities Managers
13.0 Hours Formal CPD
“The combination of an industry leader and L&D specialist ensured this training course was outstanding.”
Sam Lenehan, Programme Manager - Carillion
- Move away from a technical role and identify and develop the essential skills you need to become a strategic leader
- Transform yourself into a highly employable and sought after facilities management professional
- Analyse vital strategies and tools which you can then apply at work
- Stand out from the crowd
- Build your professional network and gain valuable contacts
For your business
- Gain individuals with dynamic leadership skills to complement their existing technical expertise
- Acquire strategic thinkers who think long-term and big picture, saving you time and money
- Develop employees who realise the impact of decisions on the wider corporate strategy
- Gain individuals with the ability to build and sustain relationships with clients and stakeholders and influence successfully at Board level.
Who is this course for?
This is an advanced course suitable for facilities management professionals who are looking to develop their career from a technical role on to a leadership one.
It is appropriate for Facilities Managers, Assistant Facilities Managers, Engineering Supervisors, and all facilities management professionals who want to develop their ability to communicate with customers and stakeholders and empower themselves to add value.
During the course you will develop a better understanding of yourself and those around you, and how to manage people and situations effectively, something which is vital for facilities management professionals wanting to grow and develop into a strategic leadership role.
Using real life case studies and practical scenarios, you will gain a deeper understanding of the needs of your customer and will improve your commercial awareness. We will cover budget preparation and approval, how to write a business case and how to align FM strategy with corporate strategy. You will also learn to apply strategic thinking skills in order to address the big picture view of your business.
Topics covered include:
- Stakeholder management
- Outsourcing and supplier management
- Risk management
- Strategic thinking
- Dynamic leadership
- Influencing at Board level
Prior to this 2-day course you will be asked to complete a pre-course activity. The course will be led by a technical expert in conjunction with a leadership expert, who will work collaboratively on-site to harmonise the theory and real life context for the delegates. The sessions are highly interactive and will combine presentation, discussion, role play, and group exercises. This will allow you to practice skills and consolidate your learning in a safe training environment.
Technical faculty: Jane Hamilton FRICS
Leadership faculty: Sarah Smith
The start date is subject to change depending on number of attendees for this course and at the discretion of RICS.
6-7 December 2017:
Ibis Styles London Southwark Rose
47 Southwark Bridge Road
Nothing to display