Design Economics and Cost Planning Competency Masterclass
1.5 Hours Formal CPD
Design Economics and Cost Planning is a key competency for several APC pathways into.
Having the knowledge and skills within this subject is an essential part of a surveyor’s role but without the ability to demonstrate competence, candidates may risk referral.
17 October 2018 - 9:30am
Look in detail at the competency description, identifying what assessors will expect when you come to demonstrate skills and knowledge in your assessments. Consider your summary of experience, case study and final assessment interview in their own right, identifying best practice methods for preparation and areas where problems commonly occur.
With the chance to assess sample submissions you will gain the ability to identify your own skills gaps and necessary preparation to successfully manage APC assessments. The class will be very interactive and will allow you to ask questions and seek advice on your own experiences in this competency from the trainer as well as learn from other APC candidates and their experiences
- Definitions of Design and Specification Competency Masterclass
- What do assessors look for?
- How to best complete your summary for experience
- Case study requirements and key issues
- Typical interview questions and response techniques
- Types of experience for demonstrating competence
- Top tips and common reasons for referral
1.5 hours interactive web class
Who should attend?
APC, ASOC and SPA candidates
"Lots of good tips for the experience log and case study that may have otherwise been overlooked".