JCT - Delivering Construction Projects - 3 Parts
4.5 Hours Formal CPD
The aim of this series of three Web Classes is to provide the delegates with a clear understanding of the JCT Contract, and includes sections on; Contract Formation, Contract Selection, and an introduction to 3 of the most common JCT Contracts, Minor Works, Design & Build and the Standard Building Contract.
12 September 2019 - 9:30am
|Use 30 Academy Coins.|
The course goes on further to relate Time, Cost and Quality issues to relevant Clauses, followed by JCT Dispute Resolution mechanisms. The Course is interactive and features quick fire questions along with 2 detailed case studies which enable the delegates to test their newly acquired knowledge. The JCT 2016 Standard Building Contract is used as the backdrop and example Contract throughout this course.
Session 1 Date: 17th July 2019 Time: 09:30 - 11:00am (UK Time)
Session 2 Date: 24th July 2019 Time: 09:30 - 11:00am (UK Time)
Session 3 Date: 31st July 2019 Time: 09:30 - 11:00am (UK Time)
Session 1 Date: 12th September 2019 Time: 09:30 - 11:00am (UK Time)
Session 2 Date: 19th September 2019 Time: 09:30 - 11:00am (UK Time)
Session 3 Date: 26th September 2019 Time: 09:30 - 11:00am (UK Time)
Session 1- Introduction, Contract Selection, Roles and Responsibilities, Structure and Content of JCT
- Introduction to JCT Suite of Contracts
- What constitutes a contract?
- Selecting the correct JCT Contract
- Who’s Who in the JCT
- Structure and Content
- Jargon Busters!
Session 2 – Time, Cost and Quality
- Introduction to Project Success
- Clauses relating to Time : Relevant Events, Delays, Extension of Time, and obligations of Contractor and Architect
- Clauses relating to Cost : Payments, Valuing Variations, Loss and Expense
- Clauses relating to Quality : Instructions, Defective Works, Practical Completion
- Case Study No. 1 – Interactive Session
Session 3- Dispute Resolution in JCT 2016
- Hierarchy of JCT Dispute Resolution
- Case Study No. 2 – Interactive Session
Who Should Attend?
- Project Managers
- Quantity Surveyors
- Contract Administrators
- Building Surveyors
- APC / PER Candidates on Construction based pathways
Web Class Series Pre-requisites
A basic prior knowledge and experience with JCT 2016 Contracts is an advantage but not essential.
"The classes have provided me with a good base of knowledge around the subject area in which to improve on and I will now be more confident when using JCT contracts and know what to advise/do if a dispute occurs."
- Tim Newman, APC Graduate