Building Pathology Competency Masterclass
1.5 Hours Formal CPD
Building Pathology is a core competency for all candidates on the building surveying pathway so those of you who would like to succeed in passing the final assessment interview it is crucial that you can demonstrate this competency to level 3 in writing and during your interview.
In 2016 most of the referred candidates failed because they haven’t reached the required level so you must be able to demonstrate that you are confident in your of knowledge as well as giving reasoned advise
21 June 2019 - 9:30am
|Use 12 Academy Coins|
Look in detail at the competency description, identifying what assessors will expect when you come to demonstrate skills and knowledge in your assessments.
Consider your summary of experience, case study and final assessment interview in their own right, identifying best practice methods for preparation and areas where problems commonly occur.
With the chance to assess sample submissions you will gain the ability to identify your own skills gaps and necessary preparation to successfully manage APC assessments.
The class will be very interactive and will allow you to ask questions and seek advice on your own experiences in this competency from the trainer as well as learn from other APC candidates and their experiences.
- Definitions of Building Pathology
- Types of Design Economics and Cost Planning experience relevant for demonstrating competence
- How to best complete your summary for experience
- Case study requirements and key issues
- Typical interview questions and response techniques
- Types of experience for demonstrating competence
- Top tips and common reasons for referral
- 1.5 hours interactive web class
This Web Class covers the whole process including:
- Completing the templates in such a way that allows you to fully demonstrate your knowledge and experience.
- Guidance on how to relate your competencies to your Case Study.
- Guidance on dealing with APC assessors’questions during your final assessment.
This interactive session run by a seasoned chairman/assessor. A fantastic opportunity to test your knowledge and have your questions answered.
Who Should Attend