Development/Project Brief Competency Masterclass
1.5 Hours Formal CPD
Having a comprehensive understanding of a clients’ brief ensures that you meet their expectations and requirements. But can you demonstrate your ability to meet clients’ needs in APC assessments?
This competency masterclass is a must for those who regularly work with project briefs in relation to developments. Having the knowledge and skills within this subject is an essential part of a surveyor’s role. Assessors will consider how you manage information provided by a client in both a functional and operational capacity.
Receive practical guidance that will allow you to fulfil the RICS requirements in your assessments (templates, case studies and practical discussion) Discuss challenges you’ve faced with both fellow candidates and your trainer, an experienced APC assessor and review techniques for answering questions during your final interview to ensure you have the best chance for success.
- Top tips for best practice in Development/ Project Briefs
- Define RICS competency levels 1, 2 and 3
- Good and bad examples of sample submissions
- Responding to assessors questions
- Top tops for demonstrating competence
- Common pitfalls to avoid
Using a PowerPoint presentation as a basis, you will take part in a series of discussions and interactive exercises that will help apply knowledge learnt in the session to real-life scenarios. Question and answer sessions will be interspersed throughout.
Who Should Attend
- Any candidates who will have to demonstrate Development/Project Briefs competency to levels 2 or 3 during the course of their route to membership
- Any candidates who will have to demonstrate Development/Project Briefs competency within other competency areas to levels 1, 2 or 3 during the course of their route to membership
- The class will also be suitable for mentors, sponsors, supervisors and councillors of APC candidates wishing to ensure that they can provide appropriate support for their candidates.