Flooding - Mitigation & Management
1.5 Hours Formal CPD
Identifying and advising on flood risks is essential for writing effective condition-based surveys. Attend this class to ensure you follow the RICS best practice procedures.
26 February 2019 - 9:00am
|Use 10 Academy Coins|
Web Class Summary
Following the disastrous floods in recent years, government reviews and state grants for flooding victims have inevitably affected the valuation and insurance of residential properties. If you’re required to produce condition-based reports, it’s essential for you to identify and evaluate the risks that flooding pose. By attending this web class you will learn to analyse key risks in relation to flooding, using the newly publish RICS information paper to explore best practice methods of inspection and effective reporting techniques when producing condition-based surveys.
- Overview of flooding risks and consequences (impact on valuations, impact on occupation of property)
- Common flood risks, including flood risk areas and building types
- Considerations for valuers of residential in flood risk areas
- Considerations for surveyors of residential in flood risk areas
- Effective reporting of flooding risk in condition-based surveys
- Considerations for property managers in flood risk areas
Who Should Attend
Suitable for residential valuers, residential surveyors, building surveyors and property managers including those who sell, rent and lease and are looking to gain a practical approach to flood risk mitigation.
Web Class Pre-Requisites
It would be beneficial for delegates to read through the RICS information paper Flooding: Issues of Concern to Chartered Surveyors, 1st edition in order to gain a deeper understanding of the topics covered within this web class. Please note: This content is only available to RICS members