How to Value - Residential Property Using Comparable Evidence
1.5 Hours Formal CPD
Accurate selection and analysis of comparable evidence is at the heart of residential valuations yet until 2012 there was no formal guidance for this essential function. This web class will review the RICS Information Paper on Comparable Evidence in Property Valuation and compare it with recent High Court judgements.
16 July 2019 - 9:30am
|Use 12 Academy Coins.|
Making extensive use of illustrated case studies the class will identify common areas of weakness and suggest how to ensure that the recording and analysis of comparables meets appropriate standards.
- The presentation will have the following structure:
- Common reasons for complaints against valuers
- Key points from the RICS Information Paper Comparable Evidence in Property Valuation
- The application of comparable evidence to actual valuations
- Analysing and recording comparable evidence
- Learning points from recent High Court Judgements
Who Should Attend?
- RICS Registered Valuers, especially Residential Valuers
- Anyone with an interest in assessing valuation standards, including valuation auditors. Regulators and legal advisors
- APC candidate and those involved with providing APC guidance or assessment
- Estate agents
Web Class Pre-requisites
The class is primarily intended for those specialising in, or with an interest in, the valuation of residential property, with a particular focus on valuations for mortgage purposes. It assumes an understanding of the valuation process.
This session is based on numerous cases and is designed to suit the need of experienced professionals. Participation is encouraged and there will be numerous opportunities for professionals to share experience and discuss industry challenges with like minded individuals around the country.