Agricultural Tenancies (England and Wales)
3 Hours Formal CPD
The management of agricultural tenancies is a topic of prime importance to the rural estate manager. Valuers must also have a keen appreciation of the importance of these tenancies to market valuations, compulsory purchase work, and estate and business succession questions.
|On Demand (Recording)||
|Use 12 Academy Coins|
This pair of on-demand classes will therefore provide you with a comprehensive update on the latest developments affecting farm tenancies under the Agricultural Holdings Act 1986, Agricultural Tenancies Act 1995 and related tenure arrangements like grazing agreements, contract and share farming.
Who Should Attend
- Estate Managers
- Rural and agricultural valuers
- Anybody with an interest in farm and estate succession planning
- Requirements for tenancies under 1986 and 1995 Act
- How tenancies compare with other forms of occupation
- Stamp Duty Land Tax on the creation of a farm tenancy
- Repairing obligations by agreement, and under statute
- How to deal with improvements
- Rent review mechanisms
- Rent review valuation and assessment
- Q&A, leading to inter-class forum.
- Reasons for termination of tenancies, statutory and otherwise
- Procedures for Notices to Quit and other forms of termination including Surrender and Regrant
- Compensation and tenant right provisions
- Tenancy succession on death or retirement including impact on fixed term Farm Business Tenancies
- Arbitration, First Tier Property Chamber/Agricultural Lands Tribunal, expert determination, alternative dispute resolution
- Q&A, including feedback from previous forum
- Follow-up Forum
The on-demand course will be a combination of structured learning points, using a Powerpoint presentation. Once you are enrolled, you have access to all course materials.
*This course will be available for 28 days from the date of purchase.
MBA MRICS FAAV MRAC