Local Taxation for Valuation Purposes
1.5 Hours Formal CPD
A common purpose of valuation is for business rates appeals. This class will provide a clear explanation of the basis of valuation and fundamental legal principles. We will also go through the valuation methods used, how to make an appeal and the research required.
New dates for this product are currently being scheduled. Click register your interest to find out more.
Who Should Attend
- Surveyors involved with or considering becoming involved with Business Rates
- Commercial Property Surveyors
- APC/PER candidates doing valuation competency
The content will be overtly linked to the objectives and there will be a multi choice question to check the key learning point of each one.
- The Rating environment in 2017
- Legal background 2017
- Check challenge appeal system
- The 4 tenets of rateable occupation and their originating case law
- Basis of valuation – context
- How to compare like with like – quantitative and qualitative analysis (UKGN 6 and RICS GN on Comparable Property Evidence)
- What are the methods of valuation and when are they used.
- Scenarios to illustrate methodology with a step by step example for each.
FRICS Assoc CIPD
Nothing to display