SKA Rating for Higher Education - Assessors Course
6.0 Hours Formal CPD
The SKA for Higher Education course is the next step in your journey after completing the foundation exam or adding an additional scheme to your existing Offices and/or Retail accreditation.
The series of interactive online classes have been designed to provide a detailed look at all the good practice measures and enable you to become accredited as a SKA Rating Assessor for the Higher Education scheme. This course will give you the tools you need to succeed by enhancing your knowledge of ‘circular design’ and ways it can be integrated within a project’s design and delivery stages.
Look at the key sustainability issues involved in a fit-out for higher and further education projects and with the Chair of the SKA Rating Technical Committee, giving you the opportunity to learn from the industry’s leading expert.
Whether you are currently working in an HE institution, as a consultant or looking to enter into this thriving arena, this course is a perfect opportunity to gain a strong knowledge basis and skill set.
- Gain the knowledge and skills needed to become an accredited Assessor
- Be a part of a unique cohort of like-minded assessors that will share their experience through an online forum
- Carry out a hypothetical assessment of a fit-out through a case study activity and gain feedback and guidance on your approach
- Be eligible to undertake the SKA Assessor for Higher Education exam
- Own a copy of the SKA Handbook to guide you through carrying out future SKA Assessments
To complete this course delegates must have completed the SKA Foundation course and exam (online or face to face) or have previous SKA assessor experience and have completed the SKA Foundation and assessor course exam.
Client and design team members who have existing experience of delivering SKA rating projects will find the course material relevant and support their understanding of the scheme’s application. Such participants will not be required to undertake the exam.
- ‘Elina was very good at explaining all issues and covering a very broad range of topics. The class itself is very well designed and prepares you for the assessor's role.’
- ‘I enjoyed how interactive it was. Trainer was great, clearly knowledgeable and ran the class well’
- ‘The web classes were very detailed and thorough - Elina knows the topics extremely well and is very personable when explaining ideas and theories’
- ‘Just wanted to congratulate [RICS Training] on a well-designed and delivered course and certification process’
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at Facility Managers, Architects, Interior Designers, M&E Engineers, Contractors, Project Managers, Estate Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Environmental Managers and Consultants, and Assessors who are qualified under other assessment schemes such as BREEAM or LEED.
If you’re a client and design team member with existing experience of delivering SKA rating projects, you will find the course content relevant as it will support you with understanding of the scheme’s application. The final exam is not mandatory as part of the course.
This course will be fully interactive, comprising different levels and elements. It will make up a total of 6 CPD hours.
The following is all included within the course price.
- First web class - Wednesday 22nd May; Time: 14:00 - 16:00 (UK Time)
- Two part homework assignment - Friday 31st May
- Second web class - Wednesday 5th June; Time: 14:00 - 16:00 (UK Time)
- Exam to be completed within 4 weeks after the final web class
See detailed course guide further details.