10.0 Hours Formal CPDUse 57 Coins
Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) is a methodology comprised of the key principles and processes for use when managing multiple projects or a programme. This course will illustrate proven best practice for you to adopt and succeed when delivering large scale change.
The 'Managing Successful Programmes' framework enables you to adopt a more flexible and adaptive approach to the demands of your project or programme management. It will provide you with an adaptable route to facilitating change and help you to achieve success by bringing together the key elements of governance themes with transformational flow processes.
By taking this course you will be able to define your role within a programme team and understand how to contribute more effectively to the delivery of strategically aligned benefits. By employing this framework to correctly manage your programmes you will reduce the exposure of your company to risk while protecting your own investment into the challenges you are faced with.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those experienced in project management who wish to take the next steps into managing multiple projects at the same time or a whole programme. It is also suitable for all RICS and wider construction industry professionals looking to develop their technical skills in managing programmes and achieve the MSP® Foundation level qualification.
This course is made up of the following 7 sections:
- Course objectives
- What do we mean by managing successful programmes (MSP)
- MSP examination requirements
- Changing vs Running the business
- Difference between programme & projects
- The programme environment
- Drivers for change
- Types of programme
- When to use a programme approach
- Sequence of processes in the programme lifecycle (‘transformational flow’)
- Key inputs and outputs of each process
- Purpose of each process
- Key activities associated with each process
- Differences between leadership and management
- Typical programme organisation structures
- Key responsibilities and attributes of the key programme roles
- Functions of a programme office
- Stakeholder management vs Engagement
- Stakeholder analysis - Interests and influence
- Stakeholder engagement strategy
- Programme communications plan
- Development of a programme plan and projects dossier
- Tranches vs Workstreams
- Dependency types and priorities
- Controlling projects and transition
- Resource management
- Monitoring and control strategy
- Programme mandate and the outline business case
- Business case in the transformational flow
- Elements of the business case
- Areas of focus of the key MSP roles
- Importance to programme management
- The benefits management cycle
- Benefits identification and categorisation
- Benefit mapping and profiling
- Benefits management strategy and realisation plan
- Vision statement development
- Characteristics of a good vision statement
Blueprint design and technology
- The POTI model
- Intermediate and final future states
Risk & Issue management
- Purpose of risk management strategy and issue
- Management strategy
- Risk management cycle
- Programme and project level risk escalation
- Issue management cycle
- Configuration management
- Change control
Quality & Assurance management
- Quality versus assurance
- Scope of programme quality
- Integrated assurance principles
- Assurance management techniques
Also included is the Mock Exam Simulator which includes example MSP Foundation exam questions for you to test your knowledge.
End of Course assessment
On completion of the e-learning course you will receive a RICS Certificate of Completion confirming that you have successfully completed the MSP® Foundation course.
Options for Purchasing
There are two options for purchasing this course through the RICS. Firstly, you can buy the e-learning only by selecting 'add to cart' at the top of this page. In this case you must contact ILX at email@example.com after completing the course in order to purchase and schedule your MSP® Foundation exam.
Alternatively, you can purchase a Combo via the RICS, which includes the MSP® Foundation e-learning course, as well as access to the exam. To purchase the combo, please select it from 'purchase options' on the right-hand side of this page.
If you decide to buy the combo, you will still have to contact ILX at firstname.lastname@example.org to organise your exam.
There is also a textbook for this course and the exam. To find out more about this, and to purchase it, please email email@example.com. Note: There is only one textbook for both the Foundation and Practitioner MSP® courses. Please check with ILX if you have queries about which textbook is necessary.
If you are Purchasing the Combo:
(see Purchase Options)
The MSP® Foundation exam will provide you with the formal qualification. The format of this exam is 75 multiple choice questions. Five of these questions are trial and not counted in your final score. A minimum score of 35 correct answers out of 70 (50%) will be required to pass. The duration of the exam is 60 minutes and delegates are not permitted a text book.
Select this option to receive access to the entire course and the exam.
The exam will be hosted by ILX, external to the RICS. Following completion of the e-learning, please contact ILX to arrange your exam.
To purchase the textbook relevant to the exam, please contact ILX.
Upon successful completion of all modules and the exam, you will be eligible to receive an accredited qualification from ILX and an RICS Certificate of Completion.
+ VAT where applicable
+ VAT where applicable