APC Supervisor and Counsellor Guide - two-part series
4.5 Hours Formal CPD
It is critical that all APC Supervisors and Counsellors can describe the assessment process, assess their candidate progress, give feedback and provide the best support possible
In order to ensure a Candidate excels through the APC you need be able to interpret the APC process and explain the principles in detail to them. Once you can define and demonstrate what the assessors are looking for you will give your candidates the best chance of becoming a Chartered Surveyors.
During this web class you will walk through each stage of the process, articulate your role as a supervisor or counsellor and describe the way you can best support your candidates to confidently progress through the different stages.
You will learn how to differentiate between competency levels and show candidates how to demonstrate their competence in writing as well as during their interview. Furthermore you will be shown how to break down the assessors questioning style and demonstrate how this will be used during the final assessment.
With the help of a highly experienced assessor you will have plenty of opportunity to put your knowledge into practice through interactive exercises and a set activity between the two sessions.
Please note that in order to fully benefit from this course you are strongly advised to attend the live sessions and complete a short coursework after the first session.
June session schedule
Part 1 - 24th June 2019: Time: 09:00 - 10:30 (UK Time)
Part 2 - 01st June 2019: Time: 09:00 - 10:30 (UK Time)
August session schedule
Part 1 - 6th August 2019: Time: 09:00 - 10:30 (UK Time)
Part 2 - 14th August 2019: Time: 09:00 - 10:30 (UK Time)
Web Class Part 1
- APC walk through
- Roles and responsibilities
- Final Assessment templates
- Case study
- Assessors perspective
Web Class Part 1 activity:
Delegates will be required to read specific sections of the assessor’s guide. There will be a short activity to complete for the second session based on the above guide.
Web Class Part 2
- Candidate competency
- Final Assessment
- Rules of conduct
- Support & resources
Who should attend?
- Other individuals who are involved in supporting trainees to develop their competencies
- Candidate Training Managers
- Pre-reading– get yourself up to speed on knowledge needed so you can focus on developing skills in the classroom
- Part 1 – presentation material and regular interactive elements will show you key skills needed and how to apply them. Close with an open Q&A with your trainer to check any outstanding queries you may have.
- Set activities – work on activities set by the trainer in between parts 1 and 2, helping you to apply skills learnt in your day to day role as a supervisor or counsellor
- Part 2 – return to discuss with your peers and trainer, experiences and challenges. Continue developing skills through presentations and interactive elements, ending with an open Q&A for any outstanding questions