APC - Preparing for Your Case Study - two-part series
4.5 Hours Formal CPD
Structuring your case study can be a challenge! Ensure you have clarity around the requirements and learn how to demonstrate evidence in line with the RICS competency framework for your best chance of success.
20 September 2019 - 9:30am
|Use 20 Academy Coins.|
The Case study is your opportunity to demonstrate your range of skills and competencies on an important project, and is a key component of your APC submission. It is also a major part of the final assessment, and with the right tools it can be approached with confidence.
By the end of the course you will appreciate the role of the case study in the final assessment of your membership credentials. You will learn about how to choose a suitable case study, structure the report, what to include and how to use industry language to demonstrate your competencies. Using best practice examples presented by an APC assessor you’ll identify the most common mistakes and how they can be avoided.
Pre-reading in between the sessions will generate discussion and help you to thoroughly understand the process. In order to give you confidence in the knowledge you gain during the course, you will be able to test yourself through quizzes, polls and chat activities and have plenty of opportunity to interact with the trainer and other candidates. You’ll also be set an activity to complete between parts 1 and 2, so you can apply the skills you learn in part 1 to your day to day role and review how this went with the assessor in part 2.
Who should attend?
All APC an Associate candidates
- APC refresher information
- Preparation and choosing a project
- Writing the case study
- Part 1- Introduction
- Part 2 - My approach
- Part 3 - My achievements
- Part 4 - Conclusion
- Key things to remember
- Report writing
- Rules of Conduct
- Further support
- Pre-reading– get yourself up to speed on knowledge needed so you can focus on developing skills in the classroom
- Part 1 – presentation material and regular interactive elements will show you key skills needed and how to apply them. Close with an open Q&A with your trainer to check any outstanding queries you may have.
- Set activities – work on activities set by the trainer in between parts 1 and 2, helping you to apply skills learnt in your day to day role
- Part 2 – return to discuss with your peers and trainer, experiences and challenges. Continue developing skills through presentations and interactive elements, ending with an open Q&A for any outstanding questions.
Upcoming course dates
June Session Schedule
Part 1 Date: 10th June 2019 Time: 14:00 - 15:30 (UK Time)
Part 2 Date: 17th June 2019 Time: 14:00 - 15:30 (UK Time)
September Session Schedule
Part 1 Date: 20th September 2019 Time: 09:30 - 11:00 (UK Time)
Part 2 Date: 27th September 2019 Time: 09:30 - 11:00 (UK Time)